Ogdensburg New York
$25 - $28.20 Hrly.
The ideal candidate will Performs scheduled preventative maintenance to machinery and equipment. Assists in the diagnosis of cause of malfunctions in industrial machines and adjust or install new parts to correct. Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems and institute corrective actions. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance to machinery and equipment.
- Inspect machinery and mechanical equipment for defects.
- Assists in the investigation of cause of mechanical and electrical failures of operating and maintenance equipment machinery, tools and parts, and recommends corrective measures to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Plant Engineer.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, pulleys and other machine parts.
- Assists in the installation of electrical equipment and repairs or replaces wiring and fixtures.
- Clean and repair production tooling as requested.
- Assists in the repair and/or makes repair parts for equipment using hand tools and machine tools. Assemble and start machines to verify correction or malfunction.
- Dismantle machines or equipment to gain access to defective parts.
- Assists in the investigation of malfunctions of electrical components, such as starters, relays, fiber optics, photo-electrics, etc.
- Practice good housekeeping and safety rules.
- Report suggested process improvements, safety hazards and equipment problems/breakdowns to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Plant Engineer.
- Responsible for maintaining maintenance manuals and reporting inventory usage.
- Responsible for having adequate tools to perform job.
- Utilize proper communication channel.
- Perform such other duties and special assignments as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor or Plant Engineer.
- High School Diploma, or Trade School certificate
- Must be skilled in Welding, Fabrication, Machinery Maintenance, Industrial electrical, and Mechanical alignment.
- 2-5 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- 401k plus match,
- Medical, Dental, vision,
- Paid Vacations
- Tuition reimbursement